• In the value of honesty, integrity and transparency throughout our
• Staff is to model the kind of behavior we expect to see demonstrated
by our offenders.
• Offenders are sent to prison as punishment, not for punishment.
• Rules and discipline are about managing, teaching and effecting
change; and, they must be driven by evidence-based practices in the
• The focus must be on continuous improvement in our day-to-day problem
solving, as we strive to be proactive and oriented toward the future.
• In our staff operating as a team, where all ideas and contributions
IMCC Mission Statement
The mission of the Iowa Medical and Classification Center (IMCC): To
Advance Successful Offender Reentry to Protect the Public, Staff and
Offenders from Victimization.
be the leader in creating a safer Iowa, with no more victims, by
providing excellence in classification, medical and mental health,
security, treatment and successful reentry through evidence- based